Feb 19, 2008

QUOTATIONS OF WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE


A wretched soul, bruised with adversity,
We bid be quiet when we hear it cry;
But were we burdened with like weight of pain,
As much or more we should ourselves complain.


Action is eloquence


And since you know you cannot see yourself,
so well as by reflection, I, your glass,
will modestly discover to yourself,
that of yourself which you yet know not of.


Assume a virtue, if you have it not.


Be great in act, as you have been in thought


He who has injured thee was either stronger or weaker than thee. If weaker, spare him; if stronger, spare thyself.



His life was gentle; and the elements
So mixed in him, that Nature might stand up,
And say to all the world, THIS WAS A MAN!


How poor are they who have not patience! What wound did ever heal but by degrees.



I am not bound to please thee with my answers


I did never know so full a voice issue from so empty a heart: but the saying is true 'The empty vessel makes the greatest sound'.



I must be cruel only to be kind;
Thus bad begins, and worse remains behind.


I wasted time, and now doth time waste me.


I wish you well and so I take my leave,
I Pray you know me when we meet again.

In time we hate that which we often fear.

1 comment:

JP said...

Thanks for your footsteps on my blog. Your blog is really a nice collection of Quotations. If you wish I can email you my collections. Keep up the good work. - JP